Everything you ever wanted to know about the Auction and more!
Saturday, April 5th | 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Brockey Center (South Seattle Community College)
6000 – 16th Avenue SW, Seattle, WA 98106
(Brockey Center Directions)
IMPORTANT Auction Details…
- Yellow Cab (206-622-6500): We encourage you to take a cab so you can enjoy the evening. Volunteers will be available to call a cab at the end of the night to bring you safely home.
- Self Park: Brockey Center has free parking. You may park in “Staff” “Permit” or “Other” without a fee.
Bring your calendar!
- Teacher Experiences, Parties and a few other events have pre-set dates. Having your calendar on-hand will make it easier to know which events work best for you and your family.
- Look over the Silent and Live auction PDF in this weeks bulletin. Talk to friends and family about the dinners and vacation getaways. Find out how much each family is willing to bid, pick a bidder, and get ready to raise your paddle!
When should you arrive?
- There are two Silent Auctions. Silent One is open from 5 – 6:30pm and Almost Live is open from 6 – 7pm. Be sure to arrive in time to place your bids! The live auction starts at 7:15pm.����������������������������������������������������������������������������������
Registration & Check-In:
- As you arrive, make sure you Check-in. At Check-In you will receive a nametag that includes your bid number and table assignment. Your Live Auction Catalogue and bid number will be waiting for you at your table.
- We’re using a new payment processing system this year. In an effort to speed up the check out system, we will swipe your credit card at check-in (regardless of how you plan to pay). You can still pay by check or cash at the end of the evening, We do not except AMEX and there will be a 3.3% handling fee on all credit card transactions.
- No cash needed. Just write down your bid number and your account will be charged for each beverage you purchase. Bar offerings will include our Signature Cocktail – the Hurricane, beer from Schooner Exact Brewing Co., wine from bin 41, water, and soda.
- All proceeds from the bar will go to Schmitz Park Elementary!
- Wine Bar:
- There will be a Schmitz Park “Wine Shop” selling wine by the bottle in the ballroom.
Teacher Experiences & Parties:
- Look for sign-up tables in the Silent Auction. These are fun events designed to bring kids, families and adults together. No bidding required, just sign-up before the spaces fill-up. Write down your bid number for each person attending. Charges are per-person. Dates are pre-set, so bring your calendar!
Case of Cash:
- For a $15 raffle ticket we will be offering a 50/50 split of cash that will be applied as a credit off you live auction bill! The raffle will be held at the beginning of the Live Auction. Use it or lose it. Winning proceeds are restricted to money spent during the auction.
- A $30 raffle ticket gets you a raffle ticket that provides you with a chance to win a Holland America cruise. The more you buy, the more likely you are to win! The drawing will be held during the live auction. Cruise details: Choose any cruise for 2 (same stateroom) for up to 7 days in length (based on minimum ocean view stateroom) to Alaska, the Caribbean, Mexico or Canada/New England. This up-market travel experience is valued at up to $5,000. Generously donated by the families of 3rd grade cohorts. For more details on the cruise, go to the Golden Ticket booth.
Heads or Tails:
- Win two bottles of premium wine for your table. There is no cost and everyone participates. Heads or Tails will kick-off the Live Auction, so be ready to get moving! Rules will be explained by the auctioneer.
- Put on your running shoes! The highest bidding table gets to choose first. The lowest bidding table gets whatever is leftover! Here’s how the Dessert Dash works: Each table has a bid form. Pass the form around the table. Interested bidders write their bid number and bid amount. The forms are then collected and tallied. The highest bidding table is called out, then the next table, then the next. Pick a runner for your table – someone fast – to get to the dessert table as quickly as possible!