We are lucky to have beautiful school grounds with gorgeous native plantings. However, the weeds were taking over, until now!
Genesee Hill families like YOU are caring for our garden beds.
Between weeding parties and Study Club and individuals weeding, we have generated dozens of bags of weeds and mulched several beds in front of the school. This initiative will help consolidate our efforts.
- Care for our school grounds
- Foster community
- Provide instant gratification opportunities for frazzled families
How you can help:
- Join a coordinated weeding event
- Donate supplies (gloves, digging/weeding tools, pruners, buckets, and paper bags), treats, or coffee to a weeding party
- Join a cohort sponsored weeding event
- Set up your own event
- Support Study Club weeding efforts
- Adopt a bed
- Tell us some other way you want to help! First priority areas: We will continue our efforts in the beds along Dakota Street near the front entrance of the school and up to the corner of 51st.
Cohort weeding representatives:
- Kindergarten – TBD
- 1st grade – TBD
- 2nd grade – Christy Kinskey
- 3rd grade – Meredith Deviny
- 4th grade – TBD
- 5th grade – Nicole Ott
Fall Weeding and Mulching Events:
- Sunday, September 15
- Saturday, September 21
- Sunday, September 29
- Saturday, October 5 – successful mulching event!
- Saturday, October 13 9:00 am – 11:00 am date change
- Friday, October 18, 6-8:30pm – 4th grade cohort
- Sunday, October 20 9:00 am – 11:00 am new date