ABOUT THE DANDELION INITIATIVE
We are lucky to have beautiful school grounds with gorgeous native plantings, and thanks to Genesee Hill families like YOU, we are able to care for them.
We started out our effort with weeding parties, and Study Club and individuals weeding, and through that we generated dozens of bags of weeds and mulched several beds in front of the school. This initiative helps consolidate our efforts.
Cohort weeding representatives:
- Kindergarten – TBD
- 1st grade – TBD
- 2nd grade – TBD
- 3rd grade – Christy Kinskey
- 4th grade – Meredith Deviny
- 5th grade – Kiki Elbel
- Teacher representative – Erin Munavu
WEEDING and MULCHING DATES
How you can help:
- Weed when you have time
- Invite a friend to join you to have a socially distanced weeding individual event
- Volunteer to be a cohort representative for Kindergarten – 2nd grades
- Pick up piles of weeds left by generous volunteers
- Join a sponsored event once we can have them again
- Join a coordinated weeding event once we can have them again
- Tell us some other way you want to help!
First priority areas:
We will continue our efforts in the beds along Dakota Street near the front entrance of the school and up to the corner of 51st.
- Care for our school grounds
- Foster community
- Provide instant gratification opportunities for frazzled families