ABOUT THE DANDELION INITIATIVE
We are lucky to have beautiful school grounds with gorgeous native plantings, and thanks to Genesee Hill families like YOU, we are able to care for them.
Genesee Hill families like YOU are caring for our garden beds.
Between weeding parties and Study Club and individuals weeding, we have generated dozens of bags of weeds and mulched several beds in front of the school. This initiative will help consolidate our efforts.
Mark your calendar for May 30, 2020 when the Dandelion Initiative will team up with the Family Committee for Equity and Inclusion and the PTA to host our first ever Genesee Hill Earth Day! Come help paint the back playground map, flag, and four square, as well as weed and mulch the back grounds. Meet friends old and new, have some snacks, and most importantly, have fun!
Cohort weeding representatives:
- Kindergarten – TBD
- 1st grade – TBD
- 2nd grade – Christy Kinskey
- 3rd grade – Meredith Deviny
- 4th grade – Kiki Elbel
- 5th grade – Nicole Ott
WEEDING and MULCHING DATES
- Care for our school grounds
- Foster community
- Provide instant gratification opportunities for frazzled families
How you can help:
- Join a coordinated weeding event
- Donate supplies (gloves, digging/weeding tools, pruners, buckets, and paper bags), treats, or coffee to a weeding party
- Join a cohort sponsored weeding event
- Set up your own event
- Support Study Club weeding efforts
- Adopt a bed
- Tell us some other way you want to help!
First priority areas: We will continue our efforts in the beds along Dakota Street near the front entrance of the school and up to the corner of 51st.