ABOUT THE DANDELION INITIATIVE
We are lucky to have beautiful school grounds with gorgeous native plantings, and thanks to Genesee Hill families like YOU, we are able to care for them.
We started out with weeding parties, Study Club and individuals weeding. Over the COVID shutdown, countless families and school neighbors have continued this effort individually. This initiative helps to consolidate our efforts.
- Weed on your own, on your own schedule
- Join a socially distanced (masks required) weeding event on:
Cohort weeding representatives:
- Kindergarten – TBD
- 1st grade – TBD
- 2nd grade – TBD
- 3rd grade – TBD
- 4th grade – Christy Kinskey
- 5th grade – Meredith Deviny
- Teacher representative – Erin Munavu
How you can help:
- Weed when you have time.
- Invite a friend to join you to have a socially distanced weeding individual event.
- Volunteer to be a cohort representative for Kindergarten – 2nd grades.
- Pick up piles of weeds left by generous volunteers.
- Join a coordinated weeding event.
- Tell us some other way you want to help!
First priority areas:
We will continue our efforts in the beds along Dakota Street near the front entrance of the school and up to the corner of 51st.
- Care for our school grounds
- Foster community
- Provide instant gratification opportunities for frazzled families