The goal of the PTA communications team is to build community and engagement through user-friendly, welcoming, and inclusive communications about Genesee PTA work and the wider West Seattle school community.
How can I be sure to get all the important info about PTA events and programs?
- Peruse this website, especially the home page and calendar page.
- Read the weekly school bulletin, emailed to all Genesee families every Thursday. If you don’t receive the bulletin, email Stacy Pritchard in the school’s front office to get on the list.
- Read the monthly PTA newsletter, sent the first Tuesday of each month school is in session. Archived issues with timeless information such as staff bios and community questions, can be found here.
- Follow our Facebook page.
- Join your cohort Facebook group(s).
- Join the PTA to get on our email list to receive meeting minutes, voting emails, and meeting reminders.
How can I get information out to the school community through the communications team?
Check out our Communications Channels Guidelines document laying out the guidelines for submitting to the communications team for each different channel. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit.
What do I need to include in a post/blurb?
Use our Communications Channels Checklist for the most common channels to ensure you include the needed info for the channels you want to use. The below info applies to every channel.
- Include the 5 Ws
- When: Date and time if it is an event
- Who: Contact information for follow-up
- Where: Location or Zoom link
- What: A detailed description
- Why: Why is this important? Why should people attend?
- Links (e.g. SignUpGenius link, Zoom event links, PTA website links, email addresses, FB post to share).
- When do you want this to be shared, and for how long? (e.g. “Please post this tomorrow evening on FB.”; “Please run this blurb in the Thursday Bulletin for the next two weeks.”).
- What channels do you want it shared in? You may need to submit different content for different channels. (see Communications Channel Doc for formats needed for different channels).
- Do you have any images or graphics to include? (This will improve engagement!)
- Have I shared this with the communications team by the expected deadline for submitting? (i.e. noon on Tuesday for Thursday Bulletin, 24 hours in advance for FB post)
What is our PTA’s Social Media Policy?
You can view our Social Media Policy here.
Thank you for working with us!