2018-2019 Genesee Hill PTA Board Members (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019)
- President: Erika Slatten Rasmussen
- Vice President: Jay Bitseff
- Secretary: Kaycie Timmons
- Teacher Representative: Erin Munavu and Vincent Della Pella
- Legislative Co-chairs: Currently vacant
- Fundraising: Christine Kraynek and Julie Forcum
- Communications: Jennifer Weiss
- Treasurer: Michael Busby
- Vice Treasurer: Lewis Leiboh
- Vice Treasurer: Currently vacant
- Membership: Christine Campbell
- Volunteer: Renee Bibaud
The Genesee Hill PTA Needs You!
Our school needs two Legislative Advocacy Co-Chairs! These positions on the PTA are vitally important in advocating for the health, safety and welfare of both GHES students and all children in our community. What is involved?
- Keep GHES families informed about legislation related to education, especially related to state funding of schools.
- Solicit input from GHES families on matters related to this legislation.
- Encourage and support GHES families to vote and contact their legislators when relevant.
- Become familiar with Washington State PTA Resolutions and Position Statements.
- As needed, meet with local government officials and know the local policies and ordinances affecting children and youth.
- Attend Washington State PTA Lobby Day and organize GHES families to attend as well.
- Interested in Legislative Chair position but are intimidated? Don’t fear – past Legislative Chairs are available to help.
Please let us know if you are interested in this or other volunteer positions. Contact PTA President, Erika Rasmussen, at email@example.com.