Welcome to Genesee Hill’s Afternoon Study Club!
Study Club provides extended care in a fun and safe environment where students can unwind after the school day. Students are provided with a healthy snack followed by supervised time on the playground. Students are then given time to read, play board games, do crafts, and work independently on homework assignments. Please note that Study Club staff are not able to provide one-on-one tutoring.
Enrollment is open to all Genesee Hill students regardless of race, gender, abilities, religion or finances. Students may enroll for a maximum of 3 classes/week (including Enrichment classes). Scholarships and/or alternate payment schedules are available by request. Scholarship applications should be submitted before registration opens to receive a payment code for enrollment.
We have terrific Study Club team this year, with both returning and new staff. The team will be led by Kiki Merrick, with support from Erin Dolan and Jill Langley. Study Club will have two new staff, Colleen Lowe and Gergana McGahan, joining us this year. All our Study Club instructors are also Genesee Hill parents and have a combined wealth of experience working with elementary school age children. Your kids will have a blast in Study Club this year!
General schedule, 2018-19 school year
- Fall 2018 session: September 24 – December 20). Registration closed.
- Winter 2019 session: January 7 – March 29, 2019). Registration dates: December 4 – 14, 2018
- Spring 2019 session: April 1 – June 21, 2019; Registration dates: March 5 – 22, 2019
There are no classes held during school holidays, early-dismissal days, or weather closures and late starts.
STUDY CLUB REGISTRATION – Spring 2019
The Spring session of Study Club starts on Monday, April 1, 2019 and run through Friday, June 21, 2019. Families have the option of registering for the full 11 week session, or post enrichment week (June 17 -21, 2019) only.
Students participating in Enrichment classes can also choose to register for only post enrichment days (from June 17 -21, 2019). Tuition is $15/class. A limited number of 5 class punch cards are available for $100/card. These punch cards can be used to attend Study Club on any date during the regular session. Punch cards will be honored on a space available basis and require a minimum of 48 hours notice.
Registration will be done via Homeroom – an online after school enrichment portal where you can enroll, purchase and manage all your student(s) classes in one convenient location. If you already have a Homeroom account, all you have to do is login to book classes. If you do not have an account, you’ll only have to sign up once and your student(s) profile will be saved for future sessions.
REGISTER via Homeroom HERE
ENHANCED CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE: Based on feedback from Fall enrollment, Homeroom has released a new, enhanced check-out experience. Please check out this new video on how to enroll for classes. This upgrade will ensure that parents can load the site faster and enroll for classes seamlessly. While you will still be able to view the course schedule and details anytime from the main page, you will now need to login first to purchase classes. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. So go ahead and login early but please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
WAITLIST FEATURE: Classes will automatically close once capacity is reached. If a class is in another person’s cart, you will be prompted to join the waitlist in order to be automatically added to the class if a spot becomes available. If the class is full, select the “Join Waitlist” button to add your student(s) to the waitlist. You will be notified by email if a spot becomes available and have 24 hours to confirm whether or not you want to enroll in the class.
DISMISSAL OPTION: During check out, you must assign a student to each class and select a Dismissal Option before you can “Confirm and Pay.” If your student attends Aftercare or normally rides the bus home after school, please be sure to select the correct dismissal option so that we can make sure they get where they need to be on days they are enrolled in an enrichment class.
SCHOLARSHIP POLICY: To request a scholarship, please complete the online Scholarship Request form before registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for a class without payment. The deadline for scholarship applications is Monday, March 4th at 5:00 PM.
PAYMENT POLICY: Starting this year, payment is required at the time of registration in order to book courses. Payment is accepted by debit or credit card only. If you wish to to pay by Cash or Check, or need an alternate payment schedule, please complete the Alternate Payment Request form before to registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for classes, and make payment later directly to the vendor.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel registration 48 hours before the season begins, you may receive a full refund (minus registration fees). If you cancel within the 48 hours, or during the season, there will be no guarantee of refund.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator.
Handy Tips on Booking Classes with Homeroom
- I highly recommended that you create a Homeroom account and enter your student(s) profile and payment information before enrollment opens. Once enrollment goes live, all you have to do is add the classes you want to your cart and check out!
- Login to your Homeroom account prior to enrollment. You can still view classes regardless of whether or not you are logged in, however, to be able to book classes you will need to login first. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. Please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on the “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
- While you should enroll early for best class selection, there is no need to panic or rush because once a class is added to your Cart, it’s yours for 25 minutes! This should allow plenty of time for you to select all the classes you want and check out within the 25 minute window.
- Due to the large number of classes being offered, I recommend using a computer to enroll as it may be difficult to easily view all the class options on your phone. NOTE: While Homeroom supports all internet browsers, it is optimized for use on Chrome and Firefox.
- If you have questions or need help at any time, please contact Homeroom Support directly. I highly encourage using the Chatbox (located in the lower right hand corner of your screen) as their team will be closely monitoring enrollment and can assist you live. They are very responsive to Chat and usually respond within minutes! For less time-sensitive requests, you can send them an e-mail at email@example.com.
How do I create an account on Homeroom? To create an account, visit the Homeroom home page and click the button that says “Sign Up” in the top, right corner. This 1-minute video shows you how to create an account and add students to your profile.
How do I enroll in a class on Homeroom? Booking on Homeroom is super simple. Watch this video to learn how to enroll your student in a course or download step-by-step instructions. Note: You can sign up for Homeroom in advance and view courses for the Spring 2019 season on the Homeroom, however, courses cannot be added to your cart until registration opens on March 5th.
If you child will be absent from Study Club, please notify the Study Club staff directly and the Attendance Coordinator, Tunisia Braxton at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Contact information for Study Club staff is provided below.
2017-18 STUDY CLUB STAFF CONTACT INFORMATION
|Study Club Lead Instructor||Kiki||ELBELemail@example.com|
|Study Club Coordinator||Chau||PHO TUNGfirstname.lastname@example.org||206-355-2277|