Thursday, October 12, 2017
It’s time to move it, move it at our new school! The Move-A-Thon is a fitness celebration and fundraiser for Genesee Hill Elementary. Students collect pledges and earn money for each lap they walk, jog, or run around a 1/10-mile course on the lower parking lot for 30 minutes. Movers should be able to complete 15 – 30 laps in the time allowed.
Move-A-Thon Fundraising Goal: Our goal is $50,000. All proceeds go to the PTA General Fund which helps support core fundamental needs like our reading tutors, recess supervisors, school supplies, and programs like Passport, visual arts, library, and physical education at our school.
Collect pledges here by clicking on the Move-A-Thon Pledge button to pledge.
- Go door-to-door with your pledge envelope and Thank You cards
- Send out emails with the PayPal link. Click on Move-A-Thon Email to download a template to send to out-of-town friends and family!
Ask friends, neighbors and family members to pledge you either a dollar amount per lap completed or a flat fee regardless of how many laps you complete. NOTE: Online pledges are Flat Pledges only. (While on PayPal, there’s a “Review your donation” page. On that page, there is a text box titled “Enter student’s name donation is for:” – please enter the student’s name you’re pledging.
Pledge packets and money are due to your classroom teacher on October 26th & 27th. These are the ONLY collection dates.
DAY OF EVENT: Students will walk, jog, run, or skip for 30 minutes on the Genesee Hill lower parking lot. A lap is approximately 1/10-mile. Water will be available throughout the “Move” and our traditional popsicles will be handed out to the students afterwards. Below is this year’s move schedule.
Classroom “Move” Schedule:
- 8:15 – 8:45 am: 2nd Grade
- 9:00 – 9:30 am: 3rd Grade
- 9:45 – 10:15 am: Kindergarten
- 10:30 – 11:00 am: 1st Grade
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm: 4th Grade
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm: 5th Grade
Please dress appropriately; wear tennis shoes and bring rain gear if it’s rainy. All students will participate in the “Move.” Pledges are not required, but are very much appreciated. A first aid station and field monitors will be on-site for the safety of our students.
VOLUNTEERS: We need your help! Please joins us for setup or running with the students, or counting the laps. The more volunteers we get, the more fun our movers will have.
Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4babac28a4f49-2016
- Wear your feet necklaces from last year. Students will receive 1 foot charm for each mile. Only Kindergarteners will receive the necklaces with feet.
- A raffle ticket will be awarded for each PLEDGE collected. The winning raffle ticket earns a pizza/ roller skating party for their entire class.
- The top male & female runner in K-2nd and the top male & female runner 3rd-5th will win a FREE pair of running shoes.
- We have a goal of $50,000. If we reach our goal we will have all school movie nights (K-2 one night & 3-5 one night).
And hold onto your feet and necklaces. We want to continue to add feet to the necklaces every year.
Questions about the event? Contact Athena Frederick, the Move-A-Thon Chair.