Schmitz Park Excellence!
Schmitz Park Elementary is unique in part because of our extraordinary PTA. Please join us in 100% participation this 2015-2016 school year.
PTA funds support many fundamental programs and services at our school, such as:
- We provide classroom and school supplies for every student (a huge cost and time savings to families).
- We pay for tutoring for all students, especially those who need extra support in the early years.
- We purchased 60 iPad Minis, 2 carts of student laptops and up-to-date technology for our teachers with Raise-the-Paddle funds.
- We sent eight teachers to the Teachers’ College for Reader’s Workshop training, six teachers to the major Singapore Math conference, plus individual trainings in Social Thinking, PE, and literacy. This professional development is essential in supporting our children’s education.
- We close the gap when SPS fails to fulfill staffing needs and ensure students have a Librarian, Math Specialist, counselor, and nursing.
- We support safety and supervision by providing hourly staffing for recess and lunchroom supervision, a volunteer coordinator and patrol leader.
- We paid for heaters in our Dance Box so our students stay warm in the winter months and painted playground markings for organized games. These capital improvements create a safer environment for our kids.
- The list goes on … the PTA provides academic resources, art program support, enrichment classes, special events and education resources.
Our parents donate their money, time and talent so that every student can share the benefits of our supportive community. Join us! 100% participation is what’s most important. Please give what you can.
GIVE MONEY: Our 2015-16 Budget Goal is $250,000, or $385 per student. There are three ways to donate money:
- Direct Give: This campaign is a direct request to families to donate funds for essential programs. We are asking for $385 per child to cover our budget. Give directly via check and through PayPal at our PTA Blog. Choose “Donate Now” for a single gift or “Donate Monthly” (just $38.50/month!) at SchmitzParkPTA.org/DirectGive. If you give the full $385 per student, we will offer an opt-out of all future fundraising requests! We will also have a PTA table at Schmitzville Carnival if you would like to make your donation there.
- Auction March 19, 2016: A fun, festive evening for adults only! Enjoy dinner, drinks, and great conversation, all while bidding on fabulous donations contributed by families and local businesses.
- Move-A-Thon – May 2016: A fitness celebration and fundraiser in one! Students collect pledges for each lap they run or walk around a 1/8-mile course for 30 minutes. This is a great way to involve our community and reach out to neighborhood businesses, family and friends to help raise your $385 per student.
Whether you choose to participate in 1, 2 or all 3 ways is up to you. We just ask that we have 100% participation. If you can’t give the full amount – give what you can. (Make checks payable to Genesee Hill PTA.) *And don’t forget to fill out a Matching Gift form, if your company participates in a matching program.
GIVE TIME: The day-to-day operations of our school and PTA sponsored events depend on everyone contributing time in a variety of ways. Using the School Bulletins, the PTA Blog and classroom emails, we will outline current and upcoming volunteer needs throughout the year. Below are ways to volunteer:
- Room Parents help teachers with in-classroom volunteer needs, art and classroom parties/events
- In-classroom volunteers (starts in October)
- Playground and lunchroom monitors
- Event volunteers (throughout the year)
GIVE TALENT: Not all volunteer needs are during the school day! There are other ways to lend your talent to our school. We are always looking for additional resources or connections to resources – from graphic designers and printing services to photographers, videographers, project managers for events. And of course you can join the PTA Board!
100% family participation is essential. Please give what you can!