The Genesee Hill Enrichment Program provides students access to a diverse range of quality after school educational and recreational opportunities.
Enrollment is open to all Genesee Hill students regardless of race, gender, abilities, religion or finances. Students may enroll for a maximum of 3 classes/week (including Study Club days). Scholarships and/or alternate payment schedules are available by request. Scholarship applications should be submitted before registration opens to receive a payment code for enrollment.
General schedule, 2018-19 school year
- Fall 2018 session: September 24 – December 14, 2018 (Make-up week: December 17 – 20). Registration closed.
- Winter 2018 session: January 7 – March 22, 2019 (Make-up week: March 25 – 29, 2019). Registration dates: December 4 – 14, 2018
- Spring 2019 session: April 1 – June 14, 2019; Make-up week: June 17 – 20, 2019; Registration dates: March 5 – 22, 2019
There are no classes held during school holidays, early dismissal days, or weather closures and late starts.
SPRING 2019 ENRICHMENT (April 1 – June 14, 2019)
Spring enrollment is now closed. Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator if you would like to enroll for one of the following classes with spots available (Note: classes marked with an asterisk (*) have low enrollment and would welcome more students):
- Mondays: Basketball (3-5)*, The Enormous Crocodile (K-2)*, Magic: The Gathering (4-5), Schmitz Park Nature Program (1-2) – off-site @ SP til 4:30 PM, Ukulele for All (2-5)* – til 4 PM
- Tuesdays: Art Wizards (K-5), Elephant & Piggie Story Drama (K-2)*, Mandarin (K-3)*
- Wednesdays (session 1: 1:15 – 2:30): Game Development (3-5)
- Wednesdays (session 2: 2:30 – 3:45): Drumming (1-5)*, Robotics (3-5)*
- Thursdays: Animation Maker (3-5)*, Soccer & Games (K-2), Tae Kwon Do (K-3) – starts 4/18, Trendy Crafts – Room to Bloom (K-5)
- Fridays: Open Gym (K-5) – starts 4/19, Vocal Performance* (2-5) – til 4PM
Spring enrichment classes start on Monday, April 1 and run through Friday, June 14, 2019. Note: Tae Kwon Do, Play and Learn Spanish and Open Gym will start 1 week late on April 18th and 19th. Make-up classes will be scheduled during the week of June 17 – 21, 2019. A schedule of classes is available for preview on the Enrichment Course Descriptions page.
Enrichment classes will run for 1 hour from 2:30 – 3:30 PM (unless otherwise noted). On early release Wednesdays, a limited number of enrichment classes will be offered in two back-to-back 75 minute classes from 1:15 – 2:30 PM & 2:30 – 3:45 PM. Families also have the option to register for Study Club before or after enrichment classes, if needed. Contact the Study Club Coordinator for more information.
Registration takes place online only. If you do not have online access, please contact the Enrichment Coordinator to arrange an alternate method to register your student(s).
Registration is done via Homeroom – an online after school enrichment portal where you can enroll, purchase and manage all your student(s) classes in one convenient location. If you already have a Homeroom account, all you have to do is login to book classes. If you do not have an account, you’ll only have to sign up once and your student(s) profile will be saved for future sessions. Note: Enrichment course offerings can be viewed on the Homeroom site in advance, however, classes cannot be added to your cart until registration goes live at 7 PM on 3/5
REGISTER via Homeroom HERE
ENHANCED CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE: Based on feedback from prior enrollment sessions, Homeroom has released a new, enhanced check-out experience. Please check out this new video on how to enroll for classes. This upgrade will ensure that parents can load the site faster and enroll for classes seamlessly. While you will still be able to view the course schedule and details anytime from the main page, you will now need to login first to purchase classes. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. So go ahead and login early but please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
WAITLIST FEATURE: Classes will automatically close once capacity is reached. If a class is in another person’s cart, you will be prompted to join the waitlist in order to be automatically added to the class if a spot becomes available. If the class is full, select the “Join Waitlist” button to add your student(s) to the waitlist. You will be notified by email if a spot becomes available and have 24 hours to confirm whether or not you want to enroll in the class.
DISMISSAL OPTION: During check out, you must assign a student to each class and select a Dismissal Option before you can “Confirm and Pay.” If your student attends Aftercare or normally rides the bus home after school, please be sure to select the correct dismissal option so that we can make sure they get where they need to be on days they are enrolled in an enrichment class.
SCHOLARSHIP POLICY: To request a scholarship, please complete the online Scholarship Request form before registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for a class without payment. The deadline for scholarship applications is Monday, March 4th at 5:00 PM.
PAYMENT POLICY: Starting this year, payment is required at the time of registration in order to book courses. Payment is accepted by debit or credit card only. If you wish to to pay by Cash or Check, or need an alternate payment schedule, please complete the Alternate Payment Request form before to registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for classes, and make payment later directly to the vendor.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel registration 48 hours before the season begins, you may receive a full refund (minus the registration fee). If you cancel within the 48 hours, or during the season, there will be no guarantee of refund.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator.
Handy Tips on Booking Classes with Homeroom
- I highly recommend that you create a Homeroom account and enter your student(s) profile and payment information before enrollment opens. Once enrollment goes live, all you have to do is add the classes you want to your cart and check out!
- Login to your Homeroom account prior to enrollment. You can still view classes regardless of whether or not you are logged in, however, to be able to book classes you will need to login first. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. Please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on the “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
- While you should enroll early for best class selection, there is no need to panic or rush because once a class is added to your Cart, it’s yours for 25 minutes! This should allow plenty of time for you to select all the classes you want and check out within the 25 minute window.
- Due to the large number of classes being offered, I recommend using a computer to enroll as it may be difficult to easily view all the class options on your phone. NOTE: While Homeroom supports all internet browsers, it is optimized for use on Chrome and Firefox.
- If you have questions or need help at any time, please contact Homeroom Support directly. I highly encourage using the Chatbox (located in the lower right hand corner of your screen) as their team will be closely monitoring enrollment and can assist you live. They are very responsive to Chat and usually respond within minutes! For less time-sensitive requests, you can send them an e-mail at email@example.com.
How do I create an account on Homeroom? To create an account, visit the Homeroom home page and click the button that says “Sign Up” in the top, right corner. This 1-minute video shows you how to create an account and add students to your profile.
How do I enroll in a class on Homeroom? Booking on Homeroom is super simple. Watch this video to learn how to enroll your student in a course or download step-by-step instructions. Note: You can sign up for Homeroom in advance and view courses for the Spring 2019 season on the Homeroom, however, courses cannot be added to your cart until registration opens on March 5th.