The Genesee Hill Enrichment Program provides students access to a diverse range of quality after school educational and recreational opportunities.
Enrollment is open to all Genesee Hill students regardless of race, gender, abilities, religion or finances. Students may enroll for a maximum of 3 classes/week (including Study Club days). Scholarships and/or alternate payment schedules are available by request. Scholarship applications should be submitted before registration opens to receive a payment code for enrollment.
General schedule, 2018-19 school year
- Fall session: September 24 – December 14, 2018 (Registration dates: September 10 – 14, 2018)
- Winter session: January – March 2019 (Registration dates: TBD)
- Spring session: April – June 2019 (Registration dates: TBD)
There are no classes held during school holidays, early dismissal days, or weather closures and late starts.
FALL 2018 ENRICHMENT (September 24 – December 14, 2018)
REGISTRATION: The enrollment period for Fall enrichment is now closed. However, enrollment will still be accepted for the following classes with available spots. Note: classes marked with an asterisk (*) have low enrollment and would welcome more students. Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator if you would like to enroll in a class.
- Mondays – Acoustic Rock Band (2-5)*, Creative Story Drama (1-2)*, Little Coders – 1 spot left!, Musical Minds Piano-Keyboard Club (1-5), Sports Spectacular (3-5), Yoga (3-5)*
- Tuesdays – Art Wizards (1-5), Fashion Club (1-5), Harry Potter Scene Study – 1 spot left!, Mandarin (1-3)*, School of Rock (1-2), Trendy Crafts (1-5)*
- Wednesdays: Session 1 (1:15 – 2:30 PM) – Drumming (3-5), Game Development (3-5), Lego Club (2-4); Session 2 (2:30 – 3:45PM) – Drumming (1-5), Lacrosse for Kids (2-4)
- Thursdays – Hip Hop (2-4)*, Play & Learn Spanish (1-2), Puzzle Club (2-5)*, Tae Kwon Do (1-5)
- Fridays – Unit Origami (3-5)*
Fall enrichment classes start next week on Monday, September 24 and run through Friday, December 14, 2018. Note: Spanish 3-5 and Tae Kown do will start 1 week late on October 4th. Make-up classes will be scheduled during the week of December 17-21, 2018. A schedule of classes is available for preview on the Enrichment Course Descriptions page.
Enrichment classes will run for 1 hour from 2:30 – 3:30 PM (unless otherwise noted). On early release Wednesdays, a limited number of enrichment classes will be offered in two back-to-back 75 minute classes from 1:15 – 2:30 PM & 2:30 – 3:45 PM. Families also have the option to register for Study Club before or after enrichment classes, if needed. Contact the Study Club Coordinator for more information.
NEW THIS YEAR – Registration will be done via Homeroom – an online after school enrichment portal that will allow you to enroll, purchase and manage all your student(s) classes in one convenient location. You’ll only have to sign up one time, your student(s) profile will be saved for future sessions, plus the site is mobile friendly so you can register and access real time class information from your phone! NOTE: Registration will take place online only. If you do not have online access, please contact the Enrichment Coordinator to arrange an alternate method to register your student(s).
REGISTER via Homeroom HERE
See below for some Handy Tips on enrolling for the first time:
- While you should still enroll early for best class selection, there is no need to panic or rush because once a class is added to your Cart, it’s yours for 25 minutes! This should allow plenty of time for you to sign up/log in, enroll your student, and check out.
- Classes will automatically close once capacity is reached. If a class you want is full, select the “Join Waitlist” button and a form will open up in a new window for you to enter a waitlist request. You will be contacted by Homeroom if a spot becomes available.
- During check out, you must assign a student to each class and select a Dismissal Option BEFORE you can “Confirm and Pay”
- Due to the large number of classes being offered (especially on Mondays and Tuesdays), I recommend using a computer to enroll as it may be difficult to easily view all the class options on your phone. NOTE: While Homeroom supports all internet browsers, it is optimized for use on Chrome and Firefox.
- Create an account on Homeroom before registration opens. This way you can enter all your student/family profile and even save payment information. Once registration is live, all you have to do is log in, add the classes you want to your Cart, and check out!
- If you are logged in to your Homeroom account before registration opens, make sure to refresh your screen if you do not see the “Add” button appear once registration goes live at 7 PM
- If you have questions or need help at any time, please contact Homeroom Support directly. I highly encourage using the Chatbox (located in the lower right hand corner of your screen) as their team will be closely monitoring registration and can assist you live. They are very responsive to Chat and usually respond within minutes! For less time-sensitive requests, you can send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I create an account on Homeroom? To create an account, visit the Homeroom home page and click the button that says “Sign Up” in the top, right corner. This 1-minute video shows you how to create an account and add students to your profile.
How do I enroll in a class on Homeroom? Booking on Homeroom is super simple. Watch this video to learn how to enroll your student in a course or download step-by-step instructions. Note: You can sign up for Homeroom in advance and view courses for the Fall season on the Homeroom, however, courses cannot be added to your cart until registration opens on September 10th.
SCHOLARSHIPS: To request a scholarship, please complete the online Scholarship Request form before registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for a class without payment. The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday, September 7th at 5:00 PM.
PAYMENT POLICY: Starting this year, payment is required at the time of registration in order to book courses. Payment is accepted by debit or credit card only. If you wish to to pay by Cash or Check, or need an alternate payment schedule, please complete the Alternate Payment Request form before to registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for classes, and make payment later directly to the vendor. The deadline for Alternate Payment requests is Friday, September 7th at 5:00 PM.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel registration 48 hours before the season begins, you may receive a full refund. If you cancel within the 48 hours, or during the season, there will be no guarantee of refund.
Questions? Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator.