The Genesee Hill Enrichment Program provides students access to a diverse range of quality after school educational and recreational opportunities.
Enrollment is open to all Genesee Hill students regardless of race, gender, abilities, religion or finances. Students may enroll for a maximum of 3 classes/week (including Study Club days). Scholarships and/or alternate payment schedules are available by request. Scholarship applications should be submitted before registration opens to receive a payment code for enrollment. Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator to request a scholarship.
General schedule, 2019-20 school year
- Fall 2019 session: September 23 – December 13, 2019 (Make-up week: December 16 – 19). Open Enrollment is now closed.
- Winter 2020 session: January 6 – March 20, 2020 (Make-up week – March 23 -27). Open Enrollment opens on December 10, 2019 at 7 PM via Homeroom . NEW! Lottery for Basketball, Chess, Jump Rope and Robotics will be open from 12/5 – 12/6 at 7 PM. View step-by-step instructions on how to enroll in the lottery here.
- Spring 2020 session: March 30 – June 12, 2020 (Make-up week – June 15-17). Enrollment opens March 10, 2020
There are no classes held during school holidays, early dismissal days, or weather closures and late starts.
Enrichment classes will run for 1 hour from 2:30 – 3:30 PM (unless otherwise noted). On early release Wednesdays, a limited number of enrichment classes will be offered in two back-to-back 75 minute classes from 1:15 – 2:30 PM & 2:30 – 3:45 PM. Families also have the option to register for Study Club before or after enrichment classes, if needed. Contact the Study Club Coordinator for more information.
NEW! LOTTERY FOR HIGH DEMAND CLASSES
Starting with the Winter 2020, spots for the following classes will be selected via lottery:
- Mondays: Basketball K-2, Basketball 3-5, Robotics 3-5
- Wednesdays (session 1:15 – 2:30): Chess 2-5, Jump Rope 1-5
The lottery will be open from Thursday, 12/5 at 7 PM to Friday, 12/6 at 7 PM. Families can add their student to the lottery for these classes at any time during the 24 hour window. Notification e-mails will be sent out on Sunday, 12/8 at 7PM to the primary e-mail address on your Homeroom account. You will have 24 hours to accept the spot and enroll in the course, after which time the link will expire and the spot will be offered to the next child on the list. View step-by-step instructions here on how to enroll in the lottery. NOTE: PTA chaperones and parent volunteers will still receive priority enrollment for classes in exchange for volunteering so contact the Enrichment Coordinator if you would like to volunteer on Mondays or Wednesdays.
Enrollment takes place online only. If you do not have online access, please contact the Enrichment Coordinator to arrange an alternate method to register your student(s).
Enrollment is done via Homeroom – an online after school enrichment portal where you can enroll, purchase and manage all your student(s) classes in one convenient location. If you already have a Homeroom account, all you have to do is login to book classes. If you do not have an account, you’ll only have to sign up once and your student(s) profile will be saved for future sessions. Note: Enrichment course offerings can be viewed on the Homeroom site in advance, however, classes cannot be added to your cart until enrollment goes live at on December 10th at 7 PM.
**IMPORTANT REMINDER**: You will need to login first to purchase classes. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. So go ahead and login early but please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on “Add” button. Please do not refresh the page as this will actually slow down your user experience.
ENROLL via Homeroom HERE
ENHANCED USER INTERFACE: Homeroom has added several new features and more user friendly look to the main booking page. Parents can now filter courses by Status and Vendor in addition to Day and Grade. Plus, the current season’s courses are available to view real-time, even before enrollment opens.
WAITLIST: Classes will automatically close once capacity is reached. If a class is in another person’s cart, you will be prompted to join the waitlist in order to be automatically added to the class if a spot becomes available. If the class is full, select the “Join Waitlist” button to add your student(s) to the waitlist. You will be notified by email if a spot becomes available and have 24 hours to confirm whether or not you want to enroll in the class.
DISMISSAL OPTION: During check out, you must assign a student to each class and select a Dismissal Option before you can “Confirm and Pay.” If your student attends Aftercare or normally rides the bus home after school, please be sure to select the correct dismissal option so that we can make sure they get where they need to be on days they are enrolled in an enrichment class.
SCHOLARSHIP POLICY: To request a scholarship, please complete the online Scholarship Request form before registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for a class without payment. The deadline for scholarship applications is Monday, December 9th at 5:00 PM.
PAYMENT POLICY: Starting this year, payment is required at the time of registration in order to book courses. Payment is accepted by debit or credit card only. If you wish to to pay by Cash or Check, or need an alternate payment schedule, please complete the Alternate Payment Request form before to registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for classes, and make payment later directly to the vendor.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel registration 48 hours before the season begins, you may receive a full refund (minus the registration fee). If you cancel within the 48 hours, or during the season, there will be no guarantee of refund.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator.
Handy Tips on Booking Classes with Homeroom
- I highly recommend that you create a Homeroom account and enter your student(s) profile and payment information before enrollment opens. Once enrollment goes live, all you have to do is add the classes you want to your cart and check out!
- Login to your Homeroom account prior to enrollment. You can still view classes regardless of whether or not you are logged in, however, to be able to book classes you will need to login first. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. Please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on the “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
- While you should enroll early for best class selection, there is no need to panic or rush because once a class is added to your Cart, it’s yours for 25 minutes! This should allow plenty of time for you to select all the classes you want and check out within the 25 minute window.
- Due to the large number of classes being offered, I recommend using a computer to enroll as it may be difficult to easily view all the class options on your phone. NOTE: While Homeroom supports all internet browsers, it is optimized for use on Chrome and Firefox.
- If you have questions or need help at any time, please contact Homeroom Support directly. I highly encourage using the Chatbox (located in the lower right hand corner of your screen) as their team will be closely monitoring enrollment and can assist you live. They are very responsive to Chat and usually respond within minutes! For less time-sensitive requests, you can send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I create an account on Homeroom? To create an account, visit the Homeroom home page and click the button that says “Sign Up” in the top, right corner. This 1-minute video shows you how to create an account and add students to your profile.
How do I enroll in a class on Homeroom? Booking on Homeroom is super simple. Watch this video to learn how to enroll your student in a course or download step-by-step instructions. Note: You can sign up for Homeroom in advance and view courses for the Fall 2019 season on the Homeroom, however, courses cannot be added to your cart until enrollment opens on September 10th at 7 PM.