10/24/18 – Pumpkin Decorating
When: October 24, 2018 6:15-7:15pm
Where: GHE Cafeteria
Description: Leaves are falling, gourds are in vogue – it’s Fall and time for the first grade cohort to get together! Please join us for pumpkin decorating in the school Lunchroom. All supplies will be provided. Siblings welcome! RSVP coming here!
Save The Date:
- Mid-January, 6:30-8:30 – Parents Night Out at Beveridge Place
- Wednesday, February 27th, 6:30-8:30pm – Family Gym Play Night
- Thursday, April 4th, 6:30-8:00pm – Get Up and Move Mini Musical
- Saturday, June 15th, time TBD, Assisting with 3rd graders planning the Hillville Spring Carnival
Events from the 2017-2018 school year
End of Year Festivities
- Kindergarten Moosical – Thursday, May 24th, 6:30-8:00pm. Details on costumes to come from your teacher. Sign-up to help with snacks here.
- Kindergarten Lincoln Park Celebration– Friday, June 15th, 10:00-1:00pm. We’ll have beach exploration, a picnic, cookie, and year-end song celebrating our wonderful year in Kindergarten!
- Kindergarten Field Day – Tuesday, June 19th, 12:15pm-2:15pm. The kids will have 25 stations to play and we need an adult for each station to make this fun afternoon happen. We need help with volunteers to run the stations – sign up here. (Grades 1-5th have their field day on June 21st.)
5/16/18 – Kindergarten Early Release Bowling
When: Wednesday, May 16 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Where: West Seattle Bowl, 4505 39th Ave SW
Cost: $11 for bowling and shoe rental for the two hours
Description: Join the kindergarten cohort on this early release day for some fun at West Seattle Bowl! Show off your best strikes and spares (or gutter balls!) while hanging out with fellow kinders and their families.
Please sign-up to let us know if you can join us!
2/12 & 2/14/18 – Valentine’s Day Community Service
We have a fun Valentine’s activity planned – sign up (soon….) to attend one or both events!
Event 1: Make Valentine’s Cards
Timing: Monday, February 12th from 4-5pm in the GHE kinder commons
Details: We will have supplies to create Valentine’s day cards for Kenney residents. We will have crafting supplies and if you have surplus supplies at your home to contribute, please let us know (email Duc at email@example.com).
Event 2: Valentines Cards Delivery
Timing: Wednesday, February 14th from 3-4pm at The Kenney, 7125 Fauntleroy Way SW
Details: On Valentine’s Day we will deliver the created Valentine cards to 50 senior citizen residents at their Valentines Day social event. Attend with your kindergartner and siblings. We will meet in the Kenny lobby at 2:55pm.
1/19/18 – Kids Literacy Event
When: Friday, January 19th, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Where: Genesee Hill Library
Description: Join us for an afternoon of reading in the Genesee Hill Library. Celebrity guest readers include a firefighter, librarian, salon owner, chef, nurse and an activist. Even more exciting – all of our celebrities are our own kindergarten parents! Guest readers will introduce their occupations and share a read aloud book related to their fields. Join us for fun, literacy, community-building, and a great cause!
Cost: Free. All are welcome, including siblings!
To support others in our community, we ask you to bring new and used books to be donated to WestSide Baby if you have any to share.
10/7/17 – Parent Social
When: Saturday, October 7th, 7-10pm
Where: Lowercase Brewing, Georgetown (6235 Airport Way S, Seattle)
Who: Only parents, 21+ (sorry, no kids so please arrange a sitter)
Cost: No charge- just be ready to purchase drinks if you want
Join us October 7th for a Parents Night Out event at Lowercase Brewery. This will be a fun, casual way for us parents to get to know one another and have some fun. Please RSVP.
9/15/17 – Kick-off Potluck & Smores
When: Friday, September 15th, 5:30-7:30pm
Where: Camp Long Firepit, 5200 35th Ave SW
Kick-off the new school year with your whole family for a dinner potluck and smores! We’ve reserved the fire pit area at Camp Long and will have the big grassy area to play in. Feel free to also bring chairs, balls, hula hoops, marshmallow sticks (if you have them), etc. Please sign-up to bring something to share.