We understand many of you are in need of before and after school child care options. Below is a list of known facilities and their contact information as well as other options you may want to look into with other parents.
- Hiawatha Community Center Before/After School program at Schmitz Park and Hiawatha Community Center. Call the center at 206-684-7441 or e-mail at Hiawatha.Childcare@seattle.gov.
- Blazing Trails Before/After School program at Pathfinder (open to all schools)”: www.blazingtrails.org/register.htm
- Alki Community Center: (206) 684-7430. www.cityofseattle.net/parks/centers/alkicc.htm
- Fauntleroy Children’s Center: Contact Lauri Cunningham, Office Manager, at (206) 932-9590 x302 or
- Alki Kid’s Place can be added: alkikidsplace.com, (206) 938-0145.
*Please post below if there are more
Nanny Share: Many parents are interested in sharing nannies to cover before and after school care. Post below if you’re interested in sharing nannies with other families.
Carpooling: Parents new to Schmitz Park are looking for other families interested in setting up carpools. List your needs and information below.
Kid Swap: Some parents would like to volunteer at school but still have pre-schoolers at home. If anyone is interested in setting up a kid swap with other parents list your needs and information below.
This is will not be managed by the school or PTA. We’ve set this page up as a place parents can post needs, ideas and work with each other.