Thank you for the great response to the poster competition. We had a particularly strong showing from the 1st grade. It is clear we have some budding Monet’s in our midst! While we debate over the final winners (to be announced this weekend), a special congratulations goes out to Jayden Holloway (3rd) for not only submitting the first entry but also winning the special prize for such a fabulous design. Way to go Jayden! Look around the school next week for the winning posters, and remember to buy a ticket.
Get up to speed on one of the most sweeping changes to U.S. education in the last decade. Last Sunday, The Seattle Times published an article detailing Common Core Standards. This after the stellar presentation by Schmitz Park teachers on Common Core Standards, at the February PTA Meeting. Find out more about what children should know at each grade. Read the article.
Seattle Public Schools will host five community meetings to share information on the District’s five-year Strategic Plan, with tailored comments, topics and data from each of the five educational regions. These meetings are designed to engage families, students, staff and community members in ideas to ensure academic success for every one of our students. There will also be time for participants to ask questions of the Superintendent and District leadership.
- For KIDS – West Side Gymnastics, Evergreen Tang Soo Do or West Side Music Academy lessons, Atomic Boy, Curious Kids Stuff
- For HIM: The Sneakery, Easy Street
- For HER: Lolly, Menashe & Sons Jewelers, Shanti Salon & Day Spa, Carmelias, Fleurt, The Wax Bar
- For ALL: Flying Apron, Click, NW Art and Frame, West Seattle Runner
- For FUN: West Seattle Bowl