Join the PTA Board
Consider taking on one of our vital roles on the PTA Board. We are looking for a Vice President and an Advocacy Chair. Fore more info, email email@example.com.
Become an Enrichment Coordinator
Our Genesee Hill Enrichment Program provides students access to a diverse range of quality after school educational and recreational opportunities. We need two new Enrichment Coordinators in order to be able to continue to offer this program in the future. It is a paid SPS position and a beloved tradition for our students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need YOU in order to make GHE the community we want it to be. Please consider volunteering at the following:
- PTA events (email email@example.com )
- Cohort events (email your cohort lead)
- Volunteer to help with the Enrichment Program (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the classroom (this is dependent on each individual teacher’s needs)
- Have a skill to offer? We would love to hear about it!
- Be a school or event photographer, we would love to capture our students learning, thriving, and being a part of their school
Apply for an Opportunity Grant
The GHE PTA offers up to $1,000 through the Opportunity Fund to parents, guardians, students (with an adult sponsor), or teachers to use for a one-time student-centered project, purchase, or event at Genesee Hill Elementary. We had 10 recipients last year! Please consider submitting your ideas for an Opportunity Grant today!
- Attend the PTA general membership meetings
- Find all school events on the PTA calendar
- Read your teacher’s weekly email for curriculum and specific classroom learnings
- Read your PTA monthly newsletter
- Find all things PTA on our website and follow us on Facebook
- Participate at the Washington State PTA and Seattle Special Education PTSA
Attend an educational event
This year we are partnering with local elementary schools to offer a Parent Education Series. We already completed our Kids and Technology discussion on October 25th. Stay tuned for additional opportunities starting in January. Once dates are final you can find these opportunities in the PTA Newsletter, on our website, and on our PTA calendar.
There really is NO wrong way to PTA. If you have ideas or passions we would love to make those a part of our work.
Your PTA Board