When we were brainstorming Direct Give for this school year we were hesitant to approach local businesses because we know many of them have had a financially devastating year due to COVID. We decided to go for it – but approached them with a different strategy then in years past. Specifically we:
- Sought out smaller donation increments. For example, instead of requesting a larger $100 donation, we requested four $25 vouchers with minimum order amount or gift cards. This will hopefully bring more families into their business where they would likely end up spending additional money.
- Committed to market their business to our school community. We love being able to highlight local businesses that continue to keep making our West Seattle community so special.
With all that said, we ended up with a tremendous response from our business community. We hope that you will support these businesses the same way that these businesses are supporting our community.
Here is the full list of received donations:
- C & P Coffee Company – 1 coffee card for 10 drinks
- Cactus Restaurants – 1 gift certificate for a dinner for four
- Capers Home – ten, $20 gift cards
- Carmilia’s Boutique – four, $25 gift cards
- Circa – five, $20 gift cards
- Cuts Hair Salon – five, $25 gift cards
- Ephesus Restaurant – fifty, $25 gift cards
- Flying Apron – ten, $20 gift cards
- Fresh Flours Bakery & Cafe – four, $25 gift cards
- Full Tilt Ice Cream – fourteen, $15 gift cards
- Great American Diner and Bar – four, $25 gift cards
- Grillbird Teriyaki – four, $25 gift cards
- Hotwire Coffee – ten, $20 gift cards
- JaK’s Grill – four, $25 gift cards
- Lula Coffee Co – ten, $10 gift cards
- Meeples Games – four, $25 gift cards
- Mioposto Pizzerias – four, $25 gift cards
- Mission Cantina – one, three hours in the Cabana with appetizer and wine
- Moto Pizza – ten, $10 gift cards
- Olympia Coffee Roasting Co – twenty, $10 gift cards
- Pagliacci Pizza – four, $25 gift cards
- Paper Boat Booksellers – two, $15 gift cards
- Snip-its – three, gift cards
- Srivilai Thai Cuisine – four, $25 gift cards
- Taco Time – six, $10 gift cards
- The Missing Piece – five packages (use of private room and free drink cards)
- West Seattle Grounds – ten, $10 gift cards
A special thank you goes to Neil Strohbusch and Jodi Lansky for doing all of the procurement for these items!