Seattle Public Schools is beginning the process for evaluating instructional materials for grades 6 – 8 mathematics. An adoption committee will be formed, and its work will begin in March 2017 with the goal of having new instructional materials in use during the 2018-19 school year.
Apply now to Join the Grades 6 – 8 Mathematics Instructional Materials Adoption Committee
The committee will carry out the board-approved adoption process and come to a consensus in order to make a recommendation for instructional materials based upon objective evidence gathered during the process in accordance with Seattle Public Schools Board Policy. The goal is to select an adoption committee that represents the diverse perspectives and experiences of Seattle Public schools, students and families. The committee will be comprised of teachers and principals representing a range of buildings and programs, parents/guardians, community members, and the Seattle Public Schools Adoption Committee coordinators.
Responsibilities of Family/Community Representative(s)
- Attend ALL scheduled meetings
- Assist in reviewing prospective materials
- Communicate to school community
- Serve as a representative of your school community
Tentative Committee Meeting Dates
- Round 1: March 21, April 18, May 2, May 16, May 30 (8:30-3:30 p.m.), June 13 (8:30 a.m. to noon)
- Round 2: November-December meeting dates (TBD)
For more information
To learn more about the Grade 6 – 8 Mathematics Instructional Materials Adoption Committee or apply for adoption committee membership, please visit the adoption web page at: https://www.seattleschools.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=627&pageId=17753733
All applications must be received by 9:00 a.m. on March 14, 2017.
To submit your application:
Applications may be:
- Saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed to: Seattle Public Schools, Attn: Anna, Box MS-32-156, PO Box 34156, Seattle, WA 98124-1165
- Or faxed to: 206-252-0179 – Attn: Anna Box
Thank you for your interest!