Yee Haw, it’s time for the Schmitz Park Bike Rodeo! Powered in part by PTA volunteers, the Bike Rodeo is a long running Schmitz Park tradition. This year it runs 12:45 pm to 2:45 pm. The bike rodeo is for students in 1st – 4th grades.
We’ve made some big changes this year, our 5th graders will score the bikers performance. So we still need volunteers (just not as many) to: help set-up, supervise the stations, pump up tires, check out/in the borrowed school bikes and clean-up. Below is a break down of when each grade will participate in the rodeo:
12:45 pm – 1:15 pm:1st graders
1:15 pm – 1:45 pm: 2nd graders
1:45 pm – 2:15 pm: 3rd graders
2:15 pm – 2:45 pm: 4th graders
This is a fun day for the kids, and they have been working hard mastering bike safety, so please come out and support their hard work. A few important notes
- The bike rodeo will occur rain or shine.
- All bikes must be brought to Schmitz Park on Friday morning and picked up on Friday afternoon.
- Please allow yourself extra time on Friday morning to help your student park their bike along the back fence of the playground (starting near P-5). Look for the sign for your child’s grade and please put their bike and helmet in the proper section.
- EVERY STUDENT MUST BRING THEIR OWN HELMET, no helmet=no bike rodeo for your student.
- If students choose not to participate in the Bike Rodeo they must still come out with their class and sit by the Big Toy to watch!
If you can volunteer, visit www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0445AFAA2EA75-schmitz
Any questions, please contact Shelley Cowan.